Friday, May 23, 2008

Food for Thought

If you've read 100 Mile Diet, you're aware of the issues surrounding the lack of locally grown grains in BC. An innovative group in Nelson has decided to do something about it, and bringing grains back to the west coast. Now, if only I could find something like this in Vancouver...

...At the Eat!Vancouver show this weekend at BC Place Stadium. I'll be there Saturday morning, and while I haven't yet decided which Celebrity Chef to check out, or which round of CTV's Master Chef show to take in, I'm willing to admit, I'm mainly going for the samples and the swag.

If that doesn't tickle your fancy, here's a list of 6 other food related events going on around town...

Meanwhile, Natives erm all of us face Salmon Shortages.

Could the GVRD finally get a compost waste processing facility?

A group in Victoria tries to kill two birds with one stone: By Sending the Homeless to Work on a farm. (This is actually a great idea btw...)

This one-ups those guys in Nelson... They may be trying to take part in a 100 mile diet, but this guy's got a zero mile diet. It actually makes me wish I lived in a place with a yard and not a teeny tiny condo.

Cause then I could take some time to stop and eat the roses.

Related Posts by Categories